- Heart with Flowers and Birds, Home Wall Decor
- Handmade in Haiti from recycled oil drum barrels.
- Fair trade isn't just a catch phrase. It's the way we do business.
- Color variations from dark silver to brown rustic tones.
- It's Cactus Metal Art Haiti
Easy to hang with a single nail using the hole provided. Laborers begin the process by burning out the residue from discarded steel drums, cutting off the tops and bottoms, splitting down them down the side, sanding and pounding them flat. Next the artist takes over, drawing his design onto the prepared. Then, using only a hammer and a chisel he does the heavy cut work and intricate detailing, giving the piece it’s form, dimension, and distinct character. Made of recycled steel, this sculpture will rust over time if it is exposed to the elements. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, some people like the look of a weathered patina. If that isn’t you, don’t dispair. Taking five minutes once a year to apply a spray-on enamel clear coat will keep your sculpture looking exactly the same as the day you bought it.