- Hand-crafted from cast-off 55 gallon steel drums, artists in Haiti follow four generations of tradition in metal sculpture.
- The artist first visualizes his design, often taking inspiration from his culture and natural surroundings.
- Next, he chalks his design onto the flattened metal and then, using only a hammer and chisel, gives i form and dimension.
- The result is a unique piece of folk art, perfect for home or garden use.
- Color variations from dark silver to rustic brown tones.
Perfect for indoor or out!. Made with only his hammer, chisel, and imagination! Garden art for your patio. Outstanding Haitian art designs from hand cut 55 gallon steel drums. One set includes 2 birds. All of the Haitian Metal Art can be used both indoors or out. The sculptures have a clear enamel coat when shipped to you~ To maintain this original look you will need to spray the sculpture with a clear enamel every year and a half~ We use our local hardware brand Ace Clear Enamel spray. When used outdoors weather will wear away the enamel coating over time~ Many people prefer the natural aging process which is a rust~ Or to maintain the original look give the sculpture a light spray front and back with the clear enamel~ These sculptures are made of a heavy gauge steel so will not rust away~ If your sculpture does rust or you have forgotten to spray it, do not worry, just lightly sand the rusted areas, then spray it with clear enamel front and back. Now you are good to go for another year!