- Made in USA: real handcrafted canvas prints produced and hand-stretched in California. UV-resistant colors. Real wood frame(Non-MDF)& Solvent-free Ink: odorless and can be used by someone with allergies and in kids' rooms.
- For giclee printing, the canvas used to actually print the final piece must be of archival quality. it is acid free and consists of a 100% cotton base. Museum-quality pieces printed, non-fading vibrant, saturated colors for up to 80-100 years.
- Canavs Print Size: 24x30", Standard Depth: 1.5"
- Surface varnished with Semi-Gloss Acrylic Coating for a smooth and luxurious finish, enhancing appearance: brushstrokes and textures are more clearly defined, small details more apparent. The speicial coating also protecst and preserves the artwork,prolonging its lifetime and keeps it from fading.
- Brand Quality: production from one of the world's leading wall decor manufacturers, DecorArts a registered Trademark. Made in the USA.
Brand Quality: production from one of the world’s leading wall decor manufacturers
Made in USA: real handcrafted canvas prints produced and hand-stretched in California
About Giclee Prints
Giclee printing is meant to produce a product at a higher quality and longer lifespan than a standard desktop inkjet printer, the word was used to describe digital reproductions of conventional artworks (painting or drawing) or photographs.
There are at least Three basic criteria, which must be met in order for the print to be considered a true giclee…
1. For giclee printing, the paper or substrate used to actually print the final piece must be acid free and consists of a 100% cotton base.
2. Any image that is to be printed as a giclee needs to be created at a resolution of no less than 300 dots per inch (DPI). This is to ensure that the final print has the sharpest detail and lacks any of the fragmentation that can occur with images less than 300 DPI.
3. The last step to creating or confirming a true giclee print is the type of ink and printer used. The biggest contrast between a standard inkjet print and a giclee print is that giclees are printed using pigment-based inks rather than the dye-based inks found in lower cost inkjets. Pigment-based inks have a longer life span that can last anywhere from 100 to 200 years without significant fading.
The Quality : The quality of the giclee print rivals traditional silver-halide and gelatin printing processes and is commonly found in museums, art galleries, and photographic galleries.